Phishing and malware attacks are the 2 most preferred ways of hacking after password breaching. Whether it’s mobile devices or computers, desktops, laptops, and even surveillance cameras attached to the internet directly or indirectly, everything on the internet is at equal risk of getting hacked. Recent reports suggest that countries like Algeria are the least secured ones with a higher rate of malware hacking. So, what are the ways that can actually reduce the risk of online data security breaching? If you’ve been trying to secure cyberspace for your company, then adopting the techniques listed below might just do the trick.
- Use Firebreaks and Firewalls
First things first, firebreaks and firewalls are different and it’s equally essential to use both the techniques to reduce the risk of malware and phishing threats.
Firewalls are software that you can install. The work of a firewall is to stand guard between the internet and your system. As long as the firewall remains unbreached, the information in your system will remain secure too.
Frebreaking, on the other hand, is quintessential for companies. It’s better known as network segmentation. The company is divided into different independent networks. Systems in one network are entirely isolated from the others. This reduces the malware damage.
- One network hacked doesn’t compromise the entire information.
- Security team gets additional time to back up the information in the hacked network
- Strong Password And Debugging
Every single mobile device and every single system in a network should have a strong backdoor password. It reduces the chances of forced entry.
Debugging, on the other hand, eliminates hidden bugs that are the most common malware-carriers.
- Run network and software testing scans
- Install updates as and when provided
- Hire ethical hackers
- Delete obsolete files from the system
- Do not use pirated software versions
- Educate Employees
Employees are assets that can become a potential threat if not made aware of the ways hackers work and their role in preventing malware and phishing attacks.
- Familiarize them with the ways to recognize suspicious emails.
- Provide easy tools so that they do not look for other apps to reduce workload since apps other than the ones that the company allows are unsecured.
- A Responsible Security Team
The entire recovery of the data after a security breach depends upon the security team.
- Establish a speedy emergency correspondence so that everyone in the company is made aware of the attack as soon as possible.
- Cybersecurity team with ethical hackers is more capable of detecting malware as soon as it creeps within the systems. Early detection reduces the damage significantly.